About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Sunday, 24 October 2010

Waxwings - first of the year

Waxwings


Went to Lockwood Beck hoping to see some Crossbills but there was no sign, saw a Yellow Wagtail, then on the way out saw a flock of 5 Waxwings feeding on some apples in the Lodge.


These seem to be early in the year and are taking advantage of the northerly winds. Then onto Sleddale where I saw the Rough Legged Buzzard that had been around for a few days, it is a well marked bird.
Then went down to South Gare where very little was showing apart from 100 or so Sanderlings on the waters edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire