About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Cleasby 26th Sept

CLEASBY

Decided to have a local trip down to Cleasby to see if there was anything around. Saw Great Crested Grebe, Little Grebe and Common Sandpiper on lakes, then up river a Dipper and 2 Kingfisher, also signs of otter. On the way back I saw this area that looked likely to hold a little owl and a quick scan showed that sure enough it did - managed to walk within 25 yards and get a few digiscope shots - they look so aggresive - "come on then if you think your big enough" is the expression that springs to mind.





HARTLEPOOL HEADLAND
I got home at lunch time only to see a Woodchat Shrike had been reported at Hartlepool, I couldn't resist so off I went - it was a very dull afternoon and the pics are only so-so.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire