About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Monday, 13 September 2010

Autumn Migration

Autumn migration

Decided to spend the day looking for migrants down the coast although I missed a big fall of them during the week -damn work. Over at South Gare I quickly found Spotted and Pied Flycatcher there were a few of them about. On the cabin rocks a Wryneck had been seen and photographed at only a few feet away. It had flown and dissappeared and I spent the next hour searching with about 15 other birders eventually it was seen about 20 yards away - what camouflage. It flew a couple of more times before disappearing again - didnt get a photo but it was a first for me in this country.



I then when north to Hartlepool to the town hall gardens - and straight away got onto the Firecrest another first - then noticed it was hanging around with a Goldcrest. Got a rubbish photo of firecrest it is so twitchy. Also saw Barred Warbler and Treecreeper there. A good day with 2 new birds for me, there were also quite a few Wheatear down the coast.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire