About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Friday, 14 May 2010

Low Barns - Tawny Owls


After my visit at the weekend I decided to see how the young owls were progressing - hoping for a cute picture of them. I only located one of the young ones - a bit hard to miss as it was sitting right on top of the nest box. I got some decent pictures of a very sleepy owlet. I thought the adult must be sat somewhere close so I spent the next 20 minutes searching the trees and eventually I spotted an adult - fast asleep. I walked to within 30 feet of it and it didnt wake - this was ideal for some digiscope shots. No point in trying to get closer even though I reckon I could have walked right up to it - well under it.

An excellent 2 hours after work.

1 comment:

  1. Those shots are great. Saw the young owl last Sunday got great views of it underneath the nest box.

    David B

    ReplyDelete

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire