About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Back to Newholm

After my last attempts to photo the Black Throated Thrush on a dull and windy day I couldnt resist going back on a bright day. So off I tootled to see it - in the snow this time.



As soon as I arrived it flew off, but was confident it would come back and it did, although a bit bothered by local cats it sat up in the bushes nicely. Managed some decent shots, called back in at Scaling Dam, but nothing too unsual although I got super views of GS Woodpecker.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Col, I'm a Product Design student working on a digiscope that integrates with an iPhone to aid in IDing birds as well as to create social networks of birders.

    http://iphonedigiscope.blogspot.com

    I am putting up weekly progress of my work here and was wondering if you or any of your readers could give me feedback/criticism.

    It would be insanely helpful to my design process to get input from birders of various levels of experience. Hopefully it'll be interesting for anyone involved too.

    Thanks for your time!
    Matt Grayson

    ReplyDelete

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire