About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Friday, 22 January 2010

Saltholme Jan 10th

Went to Saltholme to try and get the Water Rails that have been spotted there. About 100 Skylarks in the carpark flying around and landing frequently - they are starting to really suffer in the cold now. At the wildlife watchpoint there were about 50 more skylarks and I managed to get some really good photos, but some were on their last legs.
There were 5 Water Rails showing but couldn`t get close to the windows due to photographers setting up shop and not moving, which is a shame because many people were wanting to view them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire