About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Friday, 22 January 2010

Newholm North Yorks, Jan 16th

After dropping my wife off at Guisborough for work, I had a drive around the local area to see what was around - Hutton, plenty of tits around, Great Spotted Woodpecker and Nuthatch, but it was snowing fairly heavy and still lots of snow on the ground. Then decided to go up to Lockwood Beck, The drive was very dodgy but drivable, the res. was frozen over still, no sign of brambling or much else.
Then up to Scaling Dam, turned into the drive and saw the snow was real deep, and a guy was signalling me not to go into the car park - he was stuck. Helped him get out - recognised him as Dave Brown - from Bishop Auckland (photographer) He was much relieved. I turned round and came straight out - everything here was still frozen solid.
Went to Newholm to see the rare Black Throated Thrush, it gave great views but it was pelting down, so didnt bother with camera - wish I had because later on when it dried up, I didnt get anywhere near as good views. Too dark and windy to get good scope shots. A shame, because it was a cracking bird

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire