About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Saturday, 3 October 2009

A storm blown Low Barns

After getting blown off the moors this morning I decided to drop into Low Barns to seek some shelter. On the drive in a big tree had been blown across the road, so I parked in the layby and walked in. I assumed that the tree had been blown down for a few hours but there was a family in the reserve who had their car trapped in. There then ensued a real problem for them trying to contact assistance from the wildlife trust, (fire brigade and council were not interested), Craig was apparently on his hols - however I think it got sorted in the end.
On my walk around the reserve I saw a Red Deer jump the fence from near the river into West Pasture and it trotted towards me. I got down on my knees near a bush and the deer came within 10 feet of me before it saw me, my adrenalin was racing so much I forgot how to use my flippin camera. so only some blurred shots. - An eventful visit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire