About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Wednesday, 14 October 2009

Common Crane and Gateshead area

I just couldnt resist going to see the Common Crane at Kibblesworth on Saturday 10th August. With help of a local I quickly found the bird in the middle of a huge field . It was over 200 yards away, with no way of getting much closer. What a super bird this is! I put my scope magnification up to 60x and hoped for the best in poor light. There is no way dSLR s could cope with this distance. But I managed a half decent record shot through the digiscope.

Moved on to Lamesley where there was a brief glimpse of Kingfiser, then onto Thornley Woodland Centre -only Jay of any note, and then Far Pasture with only Little Grebe and heron worth taking pics of
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire